Cherry Hill is a sub-neighborhood within the Central District of Seattle, Washington. It is located just south of Capitol Hill and adjacent to the main Central District area. Cherry Hill is known for its historical significance, healthcare institutions, and residential character.
About Cherry Hill
- Healthcare Institutions: One of the most prominent features of Cherry Hill is its concentration of major healthcare institutions. The neighborhood is home to several hospitals and medical facilities, including Harborview Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center’s Cherry Hill campus, and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. These institutions play a crucial role in providing healthcare services to the region and contribute to the neighborhood’s identity.
- Residential Character: Cherry Hill primarily consists of residential areas with a mix of housing types, including single-family homes, apartments, and condominiums. The neighborhood’s proximity to downtown Seattle, Capitol Hill, and its healthcare institutions makes it an attractive place to live for healthcare professionals, students, and residents seeking a central location.
- Diversity: Like the broader Central District, Cherry Hill has a history of diversity and inclusivity. Over the years, it has been home to a mix of cultural backgrounds, contributing to a rich and diverse community fabric.
- Historical Significance: The neighborhood has a history dating back to the early 20th century. Its name, “Cherry Hill,” is derived from the cherry orchards that once grew in the area. The development of medical institutions in the neighborhood has shaped its character and played a significant role in its history.
- Access to Amenities: Cherry Hill benefits from its proximity to nearby neighborhoods like Capitol Hill, which offers a wide range of amenities, including restaurants, cafes, shops, and cultural attractions. The Capitol Hill light rail station also provides convenient access to other parts of the city.
- Community Engagement: Cherry Hill residents have historically been engaged in community and neighborhood issues. Like other areas of Seattle, the neighborhood has seen discussions and efforts related to affordability, gentrification, and community development.
- Real Estate: The real estate landscape in Cherry Hill includes a mix of housing options, with a variety of architectural styles and sizes. Housing prices can vary depending on factors such as location, property type, and current market conditions.
- Urban Environment: Cherry Hill offers an urban living experience with access to the amenities of a city while maintaining a somewhat quieter atmosphere compared to downtown Seattle.
Overall, Cherry Hill is a notable sub-neighborhood within the Central District of Seattle, characterized by its healthcare institutions, residential appeal, historical roots, and diverse community makeup.
Learn more about a nearby area called Squire Park.
About Adorn Beauty
Located in the Central District of Seattle, Adorn Beauty is a beauty salon specializing in eyelash extensions and waxing. Whether it’s shaping the perfect brow or sculpting the right set of lashes, we make you look and feel your best while having time for more important things.