Sugaring: All You Need to Know
Slather it on, yank it off, and you’re hair-free. Yes, we’re discussing hair removal. But it’s not waxing.
It’s sugaring—an ancient technique perfected in Cleopatra’s era, and still in use today!
It sounds uncomfortable, but it’s really not. It’s reportedly a whole lot less painful than traditional waxing.
Most women claim sugaring hair removal leads to less irritation and redness, proving to be a very agreeable alternative for people with sensitive skin.
Intrigued? Here’s all you need to know about sugaring.
The Benefits of Sugaring
Imagine an all-natural hair removal product that doesn’t use any chemicals. Something you can make at home with ingredients in your pantry. Something that doesn’t add to environmental pollution with a gigantic pile of sticky, hair-filled rags.
Yes, that’s sugaring—sugar, lemon, and water boiled till it forms a natural golden syrup that thickens as it cools.
Once it is ready, you can apply it directly to the skin. The best part? You’ll never, ever peel off your skin with sugar waxing as it does not adhere to live skin cells! But it does love dead skin cells, meaning you get an exfoliator and hair remover all in one product.
When it comes to sugaring, you don’t have to wait weeks for your hair to grow to ideal waxing length. Hair even as short as 1/8th of an inch can be removed by sugaring. Additionally, sugaring can prove to be a great hair removal method for people who struggle with ingrown hairs.
Sugaring provides long-term benefits in an all-natural way. Depending on your hair growth, you may only need to follow up every 4-6 weeks.
Sugaring for Sensitive Areas
Waxing is the go-to method of hair removal if you want to see a reduction in hair growth. Everyone knows that. But everyone dreads waxing when it comes to sensitive areas like the face, underarms, and bikini.
Here’s the good news. Sugaring Brazilian wax is suitable for every part of your body, including the bikini area, irrespective of your skin type and sensitivity factor. Sugaring bikini wax also provides better results than waxing—not only does it last for 3-5 weeks but it also reduces hair growth over time.
Considering sugar wax for face? You can go right ahead!
Sugaring can help control hair growth on any part of your face, be it your eyebrows, sidelocks, upper lip, or chin. And it is better than threading, plucking, or waxing as there is no residue, itching, burning, or incidents of skin peeling.
In fact, it is a safe hair removal process endorsed by dermatologists worldwide. Ready to try it?
Adorn provides the best sugaring Seattle. Experience only the best!
Just like every other hair removal process, sugaring comes with post-care instructions to maximize the benefits associated with the treatment.
- Forego all sun and tanning-related activities for at least 48 hours after sugaring. If you plan to exploit glorious sunny days, schedule your appointment a few days before your trip to the beach. Direct exposure to the sun on freshly waxed skin can do more harm than good. Remember to lather up the sunscreen even when the sun isn’t half as harsh.
- Refrain from any rigorous activity that causes friction such as intense workout sessions or tight clothing.
- Warm showers are generally encouraged post-wax but make sure you don’t go overboard with scrubs. Remember, sugaring also exfoliates. You can follow your normal weekly schedule 48 hours post sugaring.
- Avoid deodorants, scented lotions, or creams for 24 hours after a sugaring treatment. If you tried sugar wax on your face, skip the makeup routine.
- Ensure you haven’t used Accutane for at least six months or retinol for 2-5 days prior to a session, as it compromises skin integrity and makes you susceptible to infections.
If you’re looking for a hair removal procedure that is all-natural and less painful with long-lasting effects, try sugaring—it packs an insane amount of power into the hair removal process.